We are very pleased to announce that our Micro Business Training program has been extended through 2014, with funding for an additional 548 participants. Significantly, due to our network’s active lobbying, eligibility criteria have been relaxed to broaden the reach of the program. This is a big win for our network and for business owners in B.C.
What you need to know
Key program changes:
- Half of program dollars (274 applicants) are now available to business owners who already have post-secondary education; half the budget (274 applicants) will be allocated under the old criteria
- As the budget for the program has been re-negotiated, participants can access up to $1,000 in training funds, rather than the previous $1,500
- 274 spots available for business owners who already have post-secondary education
- 274 spots available under the old criteria (business owners with no post-secondary education)
All applicants must:
- Have less than five employees
- Be a resident of B.C.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- NOT be a high-school or post-secondary student
- NOT be participating in another Labour Market Agreement –funded program (or have participated in the MBT program in the past)
- Have a valid municipal license OR incorporation number OR CRA tax number