January 31, 2018 – The Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce Nominations Committee Chair, Andrea Tubbs announced, at the January 31, 2018 meeting of the board that the Nomination Committee of the Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce (CVCC) in accordance with the CVCC’s bylaws, is seeking candidates with established business, leadership and advocacy expertise, to join the CVCC’s Board of Directors for a one year term of office commencing April 1, 2018 through to March 31st, 2019.
Directors represent and are accountable to the membership and as such are responsible for governing and overseeing the strategic direction of the CVCC. The effectiveness of YOUR CHAMBER is directly dependent on the leadership and enthusiasm of the Board of Directors.
In completing a nomination form, the Nomination Committee urges nominees to consider the following desirable Director qualities, some or all of which strong candidates would possess:
- Awareness and understanding of the role of the CVCC and a desire to support it;
- Awareness of the business and economic climate in the Columbia Valley, British Columbia and Canada and the ability to view issues from a local, regional, provincial and national context;
- Experience in serving on a governance board;
- Experience in strategic planning;
- Experience in an advocacy role or setting;
- Experience in leadership or executive positions;
- Sound entrepreneurial skills;
- Ability to understand financial statements, management reports and risk management practices
- Well developed faculty for critical analysis;
- High ethical standards and integrity in professional and personal dealings;
- Ability to work as a team member;
- Track record or interest in community involvement;
In addition, nominees must be CVCC members in good standing or representatives of CVCC member companies in good standing for a minimum of two years, available to attend a minimum of ten board meetings per year, and must be endorsed by two CVCC members in good standing (see form attached).
The Nomination process will close at noon on Monday, February 26th, 2018.
If you have any questions about the process, attached materials or require further information, please contact Nomination Committee Chair, Andrea Tubbs at 250-688-0189 or Susan Clovechok at 250.342.2844 or email email@example.com
Interested individuals may download the Nomination form here 2018/19 Board Nomination Document