An extraordinary transformation of brilliance and colour transpires in the alpine as the mountains change from summer to fall. Join us on September 24 and experience this visual feast from one of the best, and most accessible places: the high alpine ridges from Panorama’s summit.
This catered excursion will see guests ride three chairlifts up to the summit. Once on the mountains upper regions, guests will be guided to one of three select vantage points with spectacular views of high peaks, the Columbia Valley, thick stands of golden alpine larch and fall colours. After time exploring the high alpine region in small guided groups, guests will descend via the chairlifts to the resort for drinks and entertainment.
- Adults – $99
- Youth – $79 (6-12)
- Child – free (0-5)*
*Note that children must be accompanied by a paying adult and the child ticket doesn’t include lunch, snacks or the post event drink.
- Tour host
- Gourmet lunch and snacks for you to pack
- A complimentary après beverage ticket
- Lift ticket for chairlift & summit access
- Hot chocolate when you arrive at the summit
8:30 am – Meet for registration, collect your lunch and be assigned into groups
9:00 am – Load the Mile 1 Express Chairlift -> Champagne Express -> Summit Quad
10:50 am – Get organized with your group and guide at the summit to depart for your walk
Group one destination: Goldie Plateau – 2451 m
- Located between MT. Goldie and Taynton Bowl. Enjoy stunning views into Taynton Bowl as you walk among the Tamaracks. See Panorama’s most epic ski trails in the Taynton Bowl as you never have before.
- Elevation above the Summit 85 m
- Distance from Summit 2.2 km (one way)
Group two destination: Goldie Lake – 2339 m
- While group one veers left to the plateau you can continue your walk further toward Mt Goldie veering off to the right as you make your way down to an tarn (a mountain lake or pool) surrounded by Tamaracks. Take in the views up to Mt. Goldie, over to the Cannery Chutes and down to Hopeful Creek. This trip is a little longer and involves more ups and downs.
- Elevation loss from the Summit 27 m
- Distance from Summit 2.8 km (one way)
Group three destination: Mt. Goldie – 2633 m (Mt. Goldie summit is 2653 m)
- Getting a bump up the mountain on the chairlifts is awesome, but to ascend Mt. Goldie you will be required to work a little. Be prepared for the furthest walk and scramble up a shale field to the ridge of Mt Goldie and you will be rewarded with the best views of all. Look down towards Lake Windermere, East Fork valley, the tarn and Mt. Brewer.
- Elevation gain from the Summit 267 m
- Distance from Summit 3.3 km (one way)
1:30 pm – Enjoy your packed lunch, picnic style surrounded by beautiful views.
2:00 pm – Begin your return trip to the summit of Panorama and then down the Get Me Down ski trail to the top of the Champagne Express.
4:00 pm – Download on the Champagne Express & Mile 1 Express. There is a steep but short walk between the Champagne chairlift and mile 1 chairlift.
4:50 pm – Once back at the village head to the beer garden or T-Bar for your complimentary après drink and swap stories about the day!
- A backpack for your lunch.
- Layers of clothing (the summit will be cooler than the village).
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Windbreaker and raincoat.
- Appropriate footwear – hiking shoes or boots are reccommended.
- Additional snacks. A selection of snacks will be provoded but it’s always good to bring a little extra just in case.
- Water. A bottle of water and juice for lunch will be provided but we recommend bringing extra water with you.
*Note: This event is best suited for those in reasonable physical condition and equipped with suitable outdoor apparel.