About Walter J. Pearce
I am an independent insurance and investment broker representing all of the major insurance companies in Canada. As a broker, I partner and work with specialists in the insurance industry that can further assist my clients, including:
- An Individual & Corporate Estate and Succession Planning Specialist
- An Investment Specialist
- An Estate and Succession Planning Lawyer
The insurance industry is ever evolving; it is my belief and practice that continuing education is of the utmost importance to stay current and ahead of changes and new regulations. I also believe that a formal education is paramount to planning and reaching client goals in my practice. My designations include:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP): Personal financial planning for all ages and all financial situations.
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU): Technical financial planning for high net worth individuals, as well as succession and estate planning for business owners and individuals. This is the highest level of standard that can be achieved in the industry.
- Certified Health Insurance Specialist (CHS): Planning for living benefits such as disability, critical illness and long-term care insurance.
- Registered Employee Benefits Consultant (REBC) and Group Benefits Associate (GBA): Support for coordinators who work in employee benefits (group plans) and compensation models for corporations and the small business sector, including pensions.
Whether your financial needs are as simple as help with budgeting or more complex like working through a technical estate or succession planning for your major corporation, I have the tools and resources to help.
Today the Insurance and Financial Planning industry leave many people feeling overwhelmed, confused and intimidated. I help individuals and business owners unravel the complexities of their Insurance and Financial Planning world—explaining everything in laymen’s terms, enabling them to make informed decisions.
Every client I work with is dealt with personally and confidentially and receives a customized plan based on their specific needs; if needs evolve, so can their plan.
What to Expect / The Process
It’s important to begin the relationship with all potential clients by meeting to determine their individual insurance and financial planning needs.
- With each prospective client, I hold a 30 minute to 45 minute fact-gathering session. If the client chooses to move forward, we either meet to discuss ideas, strategies, and concepts for their insurance options or we conduct a more thorough assessment of their financial facts and goals.
- Then, we begin more detailed and specific planning that includes utilizing the expertise of specialists with whom I partner. Next, I present options specific to the prospective client’s goals. After the client decides which options are best, we begin implementation.
I always keep meetings short, precise and organized. I do not spend unnecessary hours with my clients or prospective clients, just enough to get full understanding of their insurance and financial planning needs.
I offer a variety of services tailored to individuals. But instead of focusing on just one aspect of a client’s Insurance and Financial Planning needs, I can help make each individual’s entire portfolio is covered.
- Financial Planning
- Investment Planning
- Estate Planning
- Critical Illness
- Long-term Care
- RRSP’s, RRIF’s, RDSP’s & RESP’s